The boat trip from the Old Port to the volcano is about 10" each way. From Athinios Port it takes about 20" each way.
Once you reach the Volcano it takes about 30 minutes to reach the craters. Comfortable shoes (sneakers are ideal), sunblock, a hat and a bottle of water are recommended.
At the Hot Springs it is better to wear dark coloured bathing suits. Due to the sulfur of the volcano, clothes tend to get stained.
The old port is accessible only
By Cable Car (Fira town)
The way to the top station is signposted everywhere
By Donkey The ride takes about 20" - 30". It costs 5 euro per person / way. We recommend you to take the ride going up.
On foot About 30 minutes walk depending on how fit you are.
What to bring on your sea trip
- Sturdy shoes (sneakers / plastic sole)
- Summer clothing (shorts / tee shirt)
- Swimming costume & towel
- Light Jacket for Sunset Cruises
- Sunblock & hat
- Money for drinks on board, lunch in Thirassia & entrance fee to the Volcano
The cable car travels up & down the Caldera cliffs. In 3 minutes time you're comfortably in Fira, Santorini's capital (220 meters above sea level) or down at the Old Port ready for your cruise.
- During the Summer months there is a departure every 20 minutes
- Price per Adult - 5 euro (one way)
- Price per Child - 2,5 euro (one way)